- Bioengineering and Bioelectronics
- Robotics and Autonomous systems
- Advanced and Humanoid Robotics
- Cognitive Sciences, Interactive and Rehabilitation Technologies
Detailed information (Italian: ’Bando’) about the admission procedure (including number of positions and scholarships) is available on the website of the Universita’ di Genova (http://www.studenti.unige.it/postlaurea/dottorati/XXXII/).
The on-line application form is available here (link: http://servizionline.unige.it/studenti/post-laurea/dottorato). Your application can be updated until the deadline: June 10th, 2016, 12pm Italian time.
You will need to fill in the form with your personal data and to specify the PhD program you are applying for (Bioengineering and Robotics).
Then you will have to specify the curricula of interest and (for each curriculum) the research theme you are applying for.
Necessary requirement for the admission is that you have a University degree at Master level, or you expect to obtain one by October 31st, 2016. If you did not graduate in Italy there is a special procedure to have your degree recognized as equipollent to an Italian one.
A number of documents (in pdf format) must be uploaded:
- Copy of a valid ID document (both sides and all pages);
- CV clearly indicating your possible prior research experience (e.g. project work, publications, patents if any);
- Title and short summary of your Master’s thesis;
- Research Project consistent with the research theme that you selected (10 pages maximum - A template for the research project is available here.);
- Transcript of exams with grades [*];
- Name and address of three well-established researchers willing to send letters of reference about you before the application deadline;
- Self-certification that all the above is true and the documents are authentic (there is a standard form to download, you just need to print, fill, sign and upload)
[*] If your degree is not in robotics/biomedical/computer/electronic engineering (or similar) for each exam a short description of the topics covered is recommended.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the reference person for the theme they are interested in. In case they wish to visit the Department, they can contact the PhD program Coordinator.
A Selection Committee will evaluate background and research potential of the candidates, based on personal credentials (CV, research experience) and on the submitted research project. Each candidates will get a quantitative score based on a combination of the following criteria:
- Academic career at undergraduate and graduate level;
- Research experience (as from previous undergraduate/graduate work, reference letters and additional supporting evidence, e.g. patents, publications);
- Quality of the proposed Research Project
- Availability of an advisor in the research area selected by the applicant;
- Availability of positions in the PhD program;
The Committee will produce a ranked list of the candidates that are considered eligible as PhD Students, i.e. sufficiently qualified and trained to pursue and successfully complete the graduate program. You will need to get a minimum score to be admitted to the PhD program.
The final ranking of the candidates suitable for admission to the PhD program is expected to be issued on August 10th, 2016 (http://www.studenti.unige.it/postlaurea/dottorati/)
The selected candidates, in the order specified by final ranking list (Italian: ‘GRADUATORIA FINALE’), must confirm their enrollment in the PhD program and must choose among the available scholarships, until all positions have been filled.